VH1 Save The Music

One of the non-profit organizations I am interested in is the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, which aims to save or restore music education in public schools. Everyone from students to celebrities help to raise money for this foundation while teaching the importance of music in a child's education. Since 1997, this organization has provided over $45 million worth of new musical instruments to more than 1,700 public schools all over the country. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to participate in a benefit concert for this organization called "Singing To Save The Music" put together by the Tau Eta cast of the honorary co-ed theater fraternity, Alpha Psi Omega, at Rider University . Students can sign up to sing, play, and/or dance a piece of their choosing in the concert and all ticket sales/donations go right to the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. At the 2010 "Singing to Save The Music", I performed "Taking Chances" by Celine Dion. It felt good to know that I could use my passion and talent to help children all over America have the same opportunity for an education in music as I did. This foundation could save the educational programs of our future stars in entertainment, and I'm glad to be a part of this movement.

"Taking Chances" - Valerie Stevens from Valerie Stevens on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment